We are a family owned business that has been moving generations of families for generations. We have a combined experience of almost 100 years and provide a comprehensive and professional service that you would expect from one of the Midlands most trusted removal companies.
Please read all of the information enclosed within these pages. There are a variety of options open to you when moving house and we believe you should ‘get what you pay for’. When comparing quotations please consider the package we offer, our outstanding levels of service, quality, prestige, reputation and ultimately our commitment to you our customer.
Moving home in today’s world can be daunting from start to finish. We recommend you choose organisations offering high levels of customer service. Generally we find that bargain prices from service providers usually means a lower all round standard of customer service, poor value for money and more importantly higher levels of stress!
As your move day approaches the ups and downs of securing a move date will have past. You may have chosen our cancellation or late key insurance waivers, for added peace of mind and will have spoken with our office staff, either myself, Trevor Shepherd or Matthew Hutt many times via telephone or e-mail.
After our visit your quotation will usually be provided by e-mail and we will contact you shortly afterwards to discuss your quotation.
To avoid disappointment please try and book removal dates as soon as possible so that we are aware of any potential moves. If you are choosing to pack yourselves then packing kits should be ordered in good time, approximately two to three weeks before you move.
In the meantime should you require any further information please contact our offices on 01455 618668 or 02476 383232.
All of the team hope you will enjoy our polite, professional approach and good nature that we are proud to put into each and every move.
BENEFITS OF USING OUR SERVICES
OVER 100 YEARS COMBINED EXPERIENCE IN COVENTRY REMOVALS
PRE-PAYMENT PROTECTION FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS (CREDIT CARDS)
REMOVAL CANCELLATION INSURANCE FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS
WAITING TIME INSURANCE FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS (WAITING FOR KEYS FROM 2PM – 5 PM ON MOVE DAY)
ALL FULL TIME STAFF ARE C.R.B. CHECKED FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS
FULLY TRAINED & UNIFORMED STAFF FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS
BRITISH ASSOCIATION OF REMOVERS MEMBER
FLEET OF FULLY MAINTAINED SPECIALIST VEHICLES FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS
FULL RANGE OF PACKING MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS
COMPREHENSIVE LIABILITY COVER, PUBLIC & EMPLOYEE LIABILITY COVER FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS
CARPET PROTECTION FOR FLOORS & STAIR WAYS FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS
DISMANTLING & RE-ASSEMBLY SERVICE FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS
DOMESTIC AND CORPORATE RELOCATION FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS
SECURE, CLEAN STORAGE FACILITIES FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS
UPRIGHT & GRAND PIANO SPECIALISTS FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS
Our Code of Practice Approved & Monitored by the Office of Fair Trading FOR COVENTRY REMOVALS.
Taker The Risk Out Of Moving Home
• 150% Cash-Back guarantee against cancellation.
• Approved and monitored by the Office of Fair Trading.
• FREE Conciliation Service.
The BAR Code of Practice
The British Association of Removers Code of Practice is the only code in the moving industry that’s approved and monitored by the Office of Fair Trading under its Consumer Codes Approval Scheme.
All BAR Members abide by the Code that dictates the standard of service you will receive, the quality of the materials used, the standards of vehicles and warehouses, staff training requirements and what will happen if something goes wrong. Most importantly the Code requires BAR moving companies to deal with you in a courteous and sympathetic way at all times.
Our Key Commitment to you
• To provide you with a clear description, price and timetable for work carried out.
• To offer insurance or other protection options.
• To explain clearly our liability for loss or damage, the time limit for making claims
and the cancellation/postponement rights and charges.
• To provide staff who are courteous, competent and committed to providing a high standard of service.
• To deal quickly and sympathetically with things that go wrong.
• To publicise this Code, have copies freely available and make sure our staff are trained to put it into practice.
The Code says that if we cancel a removal more than 10 days before the agreed date for the work we must pay you back everything you paid us. If we cancel less than 10 days before the agreed date we must pay you 150% of the monies paid. This means you can be confident that we will arrive to do the work on the agreed date. If we are not able to do the work on the agreed day or pay the 150% refund, the BAR Pre-payment Protection Scheme will be speedily activated to have the work completed by another member or provide you with a full refund.
If you would like a free copy of the full BAR Code of Practice you can download it from www.bar.co.uk
IF YOUR MOVING LOOK FOR THE BADGE
Waiver Protection Options
The waivers have been developed in conjunction with our customers to provide peace of mind that your removal budget will not alter!”
Without exception, we guarantee to provide our services providing we have received a confirmed booking in the form of a fully completed Acceptance Form and full payment at least seven days prior to your removal. This means that we will not “sell” your removal crew and vehicle to another client for that day. However, often events beyond our or your control can lead to cancellation of an already booked removal.
• Cancellation within ten to five working days of your removal date then 30% of the removal charge is payable.
• Cancellation within five working days then 60% of the removal charge will be payable.
• Cancellation on the removal day means 100% of removal charge applies and cancellation must be notified within office hours.
These cancellation charges help to cover labour and vehicle standing costs. The period between exchange of contracts and completion (removal day) must be adequate, ideally 10 working days; this will help to put you in control of your own removal.
Cancellation Waiver £40.00 + VAT - Added Peace of Mind!
We have developed the cancellation waiver to provide no cost cancellation or postponement up to 48 hours prior to your removal commencing, giving you flexibility and peace of mind. Cancellation within 48 hours of your removal will mean our usual cancellation fees will apply.
Waiting Time – Late Keys
Often due to circumstances beyond our of your control keys release for your new property can be delayed. We have calculated your quotation assuming that we will gain access to your new property no later than 2pm on removal day.
• If we are unable to gain access after 2pm at your new property we charge £50 per hour + VAT waiting time until we gain access and can commence unloading.
Waiting Time Waiver £40.00 + VAT – Added Peace Of Mind!
The optional waiting time waiver eliminates waiting time charges up to 5pm.
It feels like there are a million and one things to do when arranging a house move, but the trick to a successful move is forward planning. Use our handy checklist to ensure nothing is forgotten.
One Month before Moving:
• Plan your moving budget and finalise real estate requirements.
• Inform Schools of finish/start dates.
• Place legal, medical, and insurance records in a safe and accessible place.
• Give the post office your new address and ask them to forward your mail to your new address.
• Give your friends, family and mailers your new address.
• Driving licenses, Vehicle Registration documents, Banks, Councils, insurance companies, and other financial institutions must also be notified.
• Give Doctors, dentists, opticians and other service providers your new address.
• Make maps of your new neighbourhood to familiarise yourself and your family with your new area.
Two Weeks before Moving:
• Inform gas, electrical, water, cable, and telephone and TV services of your move.
• Sign up for services at your new address!
• Recruit moving-day help.
• Arrange to close or transfer your bank account, if needed.
On The Day:
• Keep money and credit cards and essential moving documentation away from other items
• Label each box with the room in the new home to which it should be delivered.
• Number the boxes and keep a list of what is in each box.
• Clearly mark fragile items.
• Pack a bag of personal items you may need during the move (change of clothes, toiletries, medicine, maps, food, and drinks). Keep it in an easy-to-find place when you pack.
• Keep a medical kit accessible.
• If you have children, pack a bag of games and activities for the trip.
Our Team on the Day:
• Before the crew arrives please ensure vehicles are cleared from driveways and pavements to allow access for the removal vehicle.
• Our quotation will have already detailed an approximate time for our arrival.
• Our crew will introduce themselves, lay carpet protectors and then walk around the property with a family member. Any special requirements previously agreed at the quotation stage can be discussed at this stage.
• Our crew will position furniture and effects exactly where you want them, in any room providing you are on hand to guide our crew members. It is important to label as many items as possible to give the crew an indication of location in your new property. Towards the end of your removal our crew will ask you to take some time to inspect your furniture, check the rear of empty vehicles and complete our Customer Satisfaction Record. You may remember ready through some of them when myself or Trevor came to survey your property. Now it’s your turn to remark on the services we deliver!
Moving day is looming and you realise that you can’t put off the packing any longer. Have you got enough boxes? Did you know we sell recycled boxes from £1 and new boxes from £2. Please contact our offices for further information.
PACKING: All of your household items must be packed in some way to make them ready for transportation. Items that have not been packed taking reasonable precautions will not be covered under our liability cover i.e. no loose items please. Contents of cartons are not covered for breakages when you have self-packed so please take care to pack responsibly.
CARTONS: The cartons supplied should be assembled using carton tape and used for packing all solid household items. Crockery and glass ware should be wrapped in tissue paper and each layer separated by towels or bed linen. All cartons must be labelled indicating the room (i.e. Kitchen, Bedroom 2 etc..) and the contents (i.e. Plates, ornaments etc..). Cartons must not be packed so that every carton is marked fragile, keep fragile items together in cartons marked fragile and pack them with reasonable care. Cartons must not be left open.
Once unpacked cartons should be flat packed and when notified we will collect them by arrangement.
BIN LINERS: Heavy-duty bin liners can be used for all soft materials (bedding, toys, garments, shoes)
CARTON TAPE: Garden tools, lengths of wood etc. must be lashed together using carton tape.
PREPARING FURNITURE & APPLIANCES FOR TRAVEL:
Drawers Solid wood chests and units can be left full. Drawers from flat pack furniture should be empty so we can successfully move the item without damage.
Wardrobes Must be empty. (Garment carriers will normally arrive on move day)
Beds Without linen, ready to move, divan bed drawers must be empty.
Loft All loft items must packed and taken down from the loft.
Fridge Must be empty prior to moving.
Freezer Must be empty prior to moving.
Cooker Must be disconnected from mains supply prior to moving.
Washer Must be disconnected and drained at the filter. (if possible)
Dryers Condenser Dryer reservoir MUST be emptied prior to move day.
Garage/Shed All items such as tins of paint, oil, tools etc. must be packed into cartons. It is these items that pose the greatest risk of damaging other items of furniture.
Please note that we cannot carry bottled gas or petrol containers a we are unable
to secure liability cover for such items.
Good luck with your packing, should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us on the telephone number shown below.
P.S. Please try not to pack the kettle, tea bags and cups until the van is loaded!
Our commitment to the environment
Our Environmental Goals
• To reduce waste and pollution that is generated by our commercial activities.
• To actively promote re-cycling or re-use of materials whether generated by our business or our customers.
• To maintain our building premises to minimise the impact on the local environment.
• To ensure all vehicles are maintained to achieve maximum fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.
• To raise awareness of environmental concerns with our staff and encourage their ongoing involvement in our environmental improvements.
• Encourage collection and reuse of used packing materials where possible.
Effective waste management
Procedures for the disposal or re-cycling of packing materials such as cardboard, paper as well as re-cycling printer cartridges and other office materials.
Fuel and energy
All vehicles are fuel efficient with improved maintenance procedures to minimise emissions and achieve maximum fuel efficiency. Tachographs are monitored to manage our fleet effectively.
A reduction of electricity and gas usage by regular communication to employees working in the office
encouraging them to switch off monitors, computers and lights before they leave the office and by closely
monitoring daily temperature control, switching radiators off or reducing the temperature.